Summer learning provides a renewed opportunity to invite stakeholders to the table, including teachers, parents, and community partners, to collaborate as key designers of a balanced approach to student learning. A blend of academics, social interaction, and enrichment is key to engaging students, increasing their sense of belonging, and unlocking their curiosity and passion for learning.
This webinar from the California Collaborative for Educational Excellence will provide an overview of how local educational agencies can partner with community based organizations to provide summer enrichment and learning opportunities for this summer and beyond.
Additional Summer Learning Resources
- Summer Technical Assistance Hub – Receive FREE individualized support and explore FREE resources, toolkits, and templates to launch a successful summer learning program!
- Summer Programming 2021 – As part of the #LeadingForward2021 initiative, CCEE convened an expert panel to discuss examples of district innovation, staffing solutions, key elements to consider when planning summer programming, and opportunities for district/community-based organization collaboration.
- Field Guide: Reimagining Summer and Expanded Learning
- 2021 California Summer Learning Guide
- Reimagine and Rebuild California Schools: Restarting School with Equity at the Center