This resource is provided by ACSA Partner4Purpose Right At School. It was written by Donalie Hampton, California ELO-P resource for Right At School.
Meet Expanded Learning Opportunity Program (ELO-P) requirements by extending your days with meaningful academic and social-emotional enrichment.
ELO-P At A Glance:
- Expanded Learning Opportunity Programs (ELO-P) for TK–6th grades including before school, after school, summer and intercession.
- The California Department of Education has allocated $4 billion in ELO-P funds for the 2022-23 school year.
- Your district can fund programs 100 percent through ELO-P or plan to use a mix of ELO-P, parent-paid, subsidized, and/or district-funded.
- Extended Day Programs are evidence based.
- 69 percent of students improve homework completion and class participation.
- 1 in 2 students improve math and reading grades.
- Better attendance, and decreased truancy and suspensions.
- Children enrolled in quality before and after school care can spend an extra 20 to 25 hours per week in a learning environment.
- Daily homework help makes a world of difference for children whose parents are unavailable to assist them in the evening.
- Elimination of costly busing and reduction in barriers for low-income families.
- Scalable programming to accommodate all families who need care.
Get started with ELO-P in 4 easy steps with Right At School. Visit their ELO-P resource page to learn more.